About the Business: A global leader offering naturally good food & beverage ingredients and solutions. Experts in added-value ingredients right back to the source. Focused on the raw materials and ingredient platforms and known globally for a variety of ingredients and they innovate in all areas of their business. From plant science and sustainability, to manufacturing or product formulation.
Position: As Area Sales Manager, you are accountable for the success of the company’s Spices portfolio in your defined area (DACH). You will manage the existing sales and develop a strategy for growth through a deep understanding of the market and the customer needs.
Reporting into the Head of Sales EMEA, you will work in close cooperation with the sales team, the customer operations team, quality department as well as the origin teams.
- Be or become an expert in each market under your responsibility, including market players, main customers, legislation, trends, cultural preferences, relevant associations, etc.
- Develop and implement a growth strategy in the area.
- Become an expert on our products and provide guidance to customers to integrate or create new solutions.
- Manage existing customers in the area with a focus on growth.
- Build, develop and maintain constructive and collaborative relationships with key stakeholders at our customers.
- Pro-actively develop sales opportunities with existing and new customers.
- Manage contract negotiations in close cooperation with the respective product origin teams.
- Maintain and manage your project pipeline actively.
- Provide accurate sales forecasts.
- Report on activities and actively use the CRM tools.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in a consultative sales position within the food ingredients industry.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Able to fluently communicate in English and German, any other European language would be an asset. •
- Creative in finding solutions, a strategic thinker who also takes action and executes.
- With a passion for business development and revenue growth.
- Able to understand market dynamics
- The ability to communicate with and influence decision-makers at all levels.
- An interest or previous experience in the food ingredients industry
- With a go-getter attitude and an accountable personality with full ownership of responsibilities
- Results oriented with good negotiation skills and the ability to link short term goals with long term goals for customers and the company.