About the Role:
Lead the EAME Consumer & Market Insights organization in creating and delivering holistic consumer insights and understanding to drive business growth across the company´s key business units; Fine Fragrance, Beauty Care, Home Care, Oral Care & Cosmetic Ingredients.
Develop innovative, strategic oriented research strategies to ignite insights and guide regional, cross functional and global partners in developing winning product propositions (i.e. fragrance, concepts, technology, ingredients) for our client.
- Lead all EAME research related activities, set departmental priorities and project priorities.
- Develop and implement short term/long term strategic consumer research plans for EAME to deliver against global and regional C&MI and BU needs.
- Support strategy and research projects; recommending best solutions of consumer, sensory and neuroscience applications leveraging C&MI proprietary tools. Direct, design and implement consumer, product and market research studies for product innovation and strategic/proactive category research (e.g. benchmarking, attitude and usage, product tests, sensory tests, emotions tests, concepts, etc.) Analyze and present (with strategic implications and recommendations) “story” insights that inspire clients and directly impact the business.
- Via close collaboration and strong C&MI leadership, develop and foster close client working relationships with both internal (e.g. BU, CDB, Management, Creation, Sales, Applied Research, Regional, Global) and external clients. Drive core list processes for CMI and have strong customer interfacings. Ensure team responsiveness that will “surprise and delight” key clients and establish the company as a vital research partner consistently producing high quality, timely research ideas and insights that inspire.
- Manage and cultivate the C&MI talent in EAME; France, Germany and the United Kingdom. Ensure team development based on career path strategy.
- Negotiate and manage EAME research vendor relationships and contracts for primary and C&MI controlled secondary data.
- Communicate and collaborate with global and regional colleagues to ensure standard research practices and efficient, open information sharing across regions and category platforms.
- Proactively seek innovative research methodologies/programs to meaningfully differentiate the company and secure business opportunities.
Key Knowledge and Experience Requirements:
- Superior Complete.
- Management experience and leading teams.
- Must have 8-10+ years research experience.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in qualitative and quantitative research, data collection methodologies, analysis, practices and theories.
- Expert knowledge in Consumer and Sensory Research methods. Neuroscience knowledge a plus.