Position & Company:
Due to business growth and customer project demand, our client who are a global flavours and speciality ingredients producer are currently looking to hire a new Flavourist to join their team based in Austria. The company has strong expertise in the creation of beverage & sweet flavours, with customers across the globe, active in more than 65 countries. This role would be positioned in the Austrian team with a team of 4 other Flavourists within the team and report directly into the Head of Flavour Department, also based in Austria.
- Optimization of products and recipes in alignment with customer demands and legal requirements
- Development of new flavours and flavour substances • Development of innovative techniques and methods to generate new extracts and flavours substances.
- Creation and maintenance of bills of materials and raw material data (flavours and flavour substances) in SAP and PDM.
- Execution/participation in tastings to evaluate the quality of products and raw materials.
- Support the Quality Assurance department regarding sensory approval of produced flavours and flavouring preparations.
- Implementation of all applicable requirements in respect to the EU regulation in flavour law and ensuring their compliance.
- On request: support the analytics department and creation of flavour samples.
- Comply with all applicable compliance guidelines.
- Strong education as Flavourist with 3-5 years of professional experience in the production of flavours in the food industry (e.g., beverages, dairy, confectionary & bakery, etc.).
- Passion in developing new flavours, also with GCMS.
- Curiosity and market knowledge in respect to existing flavours and their application areas.
- Well-organized, autonomous and target oriented way of working. • Hands-on-mentality and proactive team-player.
- Excellent command of English.
- Good command of German is an advantage.