Position & Company: Our client, who are a global leader in the portfolio of ingredients which they produce, are currently looking to recruit a Global Product Manager which will be responsible for developing, managing, and driving delivery of the defined category strategy through close collaboration with both internal and external stakeholders, ensuring the company has the industry leading product portfolio in the category that meet or exceeds the needs of customers mid/long term. The role will also be responsible for determining the shape and future direction of the product portfolio to meet market trends and customer needs as well as directing the product development pipeline, pricing guidelines and portfolio of products and brands within respective category. The role itself will work closely with Commercial and Product Development teams, ensuring that new product codes are successfully delivered against both customer expectations and internal quality standards.
As Global Product Manager, you will report directly to the Group Business Development Director, working directly as a member of both the Group Business Development team and the IBP (Integrated Business Portfolio) stream.
The main goals for the position include:
- Develop, manage, and drive delivery of the category strategy through close collaboration with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Determine the shape and future direction of the product portfolio to meet market trends and customer needs.
- Direct the product development pipeline, pricing guidelines and portfolio of products and brands within respective category.
- In conjunction with Commercial and Product Development teams, ensure that new product codes are successfully delivered against both customer expectations and internal quality standards.
- Manage development and delivery of the category strategy.
- Understand key profit pools within the category.
- Identify and pursue new significant opportunities in the category in close collaboration with Sales, Market Development and Technical Applications teams.
- Collaborate with key internal and external stakeholders on category product development and management, leading category management projects to successful delivery.
- Understand and act upon all significant market developments in category globally.
- Devise long term product roadmaps and development strategies for product categories.
- Manage profitability and revenue for Category through IBP plans, ensuring projects and tasks are appropriately prioritised and the funnel and pipeline is managed accordingly to maximise outlook and deliver to the Ambition.
- Propose, manage, and deliver gap closing proposals to close any gap to ambition as and when required.
- Analyse data and industry insights to determine market and consumer trends, using these insights to optimise product portfolio within the category.
- Ensure new product launches meet customer needs as well as their demand plans and expectations.
- Work with Platform Leads to prioritise and report progress of projects monthly to Product Development Forum and Project Stakeholders.
- Education: Business-related degree required, e.g., BA (Hons) or BSc with a strong commercial background.
- Experience: A minimum of 5 years’ experience in feed ingredient marketing. B2B food industry and multi-cultural/geographic project team delivery. Retail or FMCG experience is preferred.
- Skills: Proven communicator with good written and oral skills. Able to engage, collaborate and clearly articulate at all levels. Strong analytical and strategic mind set as well as the ability to execute against strategies. Good organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills. Fluent English speaker and writer.
- Travel: Up to 40%. Majority of travel based across Europe and the Middle East. Limited APAC and Americas travel.
- Core Behaviors: Strategic Agility, Drive, Influence and Effective Communication.