About the Business:
As Head of Sales for the personal care and cosmetic ingredients division, you will be responsible for leading the sales team, sales strategies and providing strategic vision and tactical direction, overseeing and directing the responsibilities of employees. Your keenness to understand consumer market trends, market dynamics and leadership skills with play a vital role in the continued success of the strategic growth of the business.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of sales strategies in line with company objectives for the personal care division.
- Develop plans and deliver results in a fast-changing business or regulatory environment, while leading and developing a team of experienced professionals and supervisors, providing guidance and mentorship.
- Evaluate market potential and the status of sales in the area, keeping up to date on market trends, competitor activities, using this knowledge to identify new business opportunities.
- Plan and organize sales projects and activities for a geographical area.
- Identify potential customers and nurture existing customer relationships.
- Implement training programmes to ensure the sales team are well equipped with product knowledge, selling techniques and negotiation skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience and proven track record and success of sales within the personal care industry.
- Experience of both base commodities and speciality ingredient portfolios.
- Possess strong leadership and team management skills, ideally managing remote teams and working in a global environment.
- Knowledge of consumer trends within the personal care sector
- Experienced in budget management, sales forecasting.