General Responsibilities as Junior Flavourist
- To develop new flavours and compounds by means of customer projects and proactive projects, own creativity and initiatives.
- Responsible, with medium guidance, for the assigned tasks regarding compliance to briefing guidelines, considering specified costs, legislation and deadlines to be kept.
- Matching of competitor’s flavours.
- Optimizing and adjustment of existing flavours for special applications and/or cost savings.
- Evaluation and utilization of analytical results including sensory analyses.
- Contribute to evaluation of new Raw Materials and harmonization of existing Raw Materials.
- Implementation of new recipes and/or raw materials for creation.
- Understanding of flavor application interactions and knowledge of final application.
- Handling of projects in close cooperation with Application, Sensory, Innovation & Analytics, Marketing, Sales and other specific departments.
- Support Portfolio and trouble shoot flavor selections with specific Regulatory requirements and parameters
- Support continuous improvement of overall organization and processes in responsibility
- Capture new ideas for Flavouring tools targeted to our customer needs and to provide competitive advantage.
- Leverage technical capabilities in flavor development.
- Exchange technical knowledge with peers.
Business Related Key Accountabilities
- To deliver agreed business projects and tasks to the expectations of our Customers within agreed timings and scope.
- To understand and leverage Company Capabilities (Flavouring tools).
- To collaborate with our Customers, with relevant technical visits as agreed with Sales & Marketing: Support trainings and workshops by providing input on feasibility and capabilities.
Leadership, Team and Culture
- To comply to all Safety, Health, Environment and Quality policies, and to the Company Code of Conduct, in line with commitment to Sustainability Development Goals.
- To contribute to an effective organization of the Creation laboratory, including hygiene and tidiness.
- To collaborate with his/her Laboratory Assistant(s) in terms of the day to day work plan, and resource planning.
- To contribute to a culture which allows everyone to thrive and develop to his/her full potential in line with business needs.
- To work effectively in a multi-cultural environment, ensuring a smooth interaction with other functions in TEG, Affiliates, Corporate R&D, Global Business Units and Categories, as well as with external partners (Universities, Institutes, Companies).
- To keep track of the present scientific and technological developments in F&F industry and relevant related industries, by communicating with Flavourists/Experts inside and outside of the company, by attending job related conferences/fairs, and by communicating with suppliers and customers.
- To build technical credibility with internal and external customers.