- People & Communication Management – Drive & Manage strategic accounts whilst building sustainable partnerships with key decision makers and - lead customer teams internally.
- Financial Management – Achieve sustainable, measurable & profitable growth for the respective strategic account.
- Systems – Create the conditions of success to implement partnerships – both internally and with the selected account.
- Build sustainable partnerships to key decision makers of the strategic account.
- Regular update of Customer Development Plans.
- Lead the customer teams internally.
- Execute the Focus – Plan – Do –Review principle with peers and superiors.
- Be the key point of contact for customer and within Symrise (e.g., price requests, key projects, key raw material changes, supply chain and regulatory).
- Establish regular updates to local account managers operating within the strategic account network in EAME and outside if relevant (price, submissions, status of projects, global updates, etc.) to ensure a smooth flow of communication external and internally.
- Establish and sustain a strong networking relationship with the local account managers of the regional / global Symrise team for the customer and guide them where needed.
- Ensures high visibility towards customers and involves VP Sales / VP Business Unit and customer teams when necessary.
- Ensures high transparency inside Symrise and live the multilayer model.
Finance - Financial Management
- Drive Business Development of Strategic Accounts.
- Manage and monitor project pipeline, revenue, gross profitability and profit contribution according to set target values
- Monitor monthly sales and gross profit and act in timely manner with corrective actions.
- Be accountable for the pricing strategy and execution in place with customer and ensure a proper alignment with regions, business units and pricing manager of Symrise Flavors.
- Be the first point of contact for financial and operational models with the strategic accounts.
Systems – Governance, Strategy, Value Proposition
- Develop, communicate and implement comprehensive and sustainable customer strategies to proactively drive the innovation and NPD agenda of target customers.
- Comply to Symrise corporate governance policies to uphold transparency and good standards.
- Be compliant to the Flavors Global business model.
- Maintain ethical behaviour with customers and all third parties.
- Execute in excellence Value selling by applying the value proposition process through understanding the market / brand insights, the consumer / customer insights and combining those with the understanding of our products, competencies and technologies to create a unique value proposition.
- Develop and update customer develop plans (CDP’s).
- Ensure proper budgeting and forecasting (alignment with customer service the 3month horizon) is maintained on product level in EIS / EDAC.
- Provide regular written visit repots.
- Drive Big Bets, customer projects and related key initiatives and ensure, that they are transparently maintained and managed in PACE.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Formal Education - completed commercial/ technical apprenticeship/ Bachelor/ Master of Business Administration or equals.
- Minimum 5 years of sales experience in the international Flavour and Nutrition industry.
- Experienced in interface management and (virtual) team management.
- Technical knowledge about the products, the market and customer knowledge.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Commercial acumen and interpersonal skills.
- Appreciation of the financial aspects of the business.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office, SAP, EIS, Pace.
- Project management skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Language skills (English).