About the Role:
The Key Account Manager will be responsible for the development of new business in their territory (prospecting of new customers and launch of new product lines) and managing a portfolio of existing business and customers within the Home and Personal Care industry.
They will be responsible for managing an existing base & developing new business in North America. This includes gathering business information, developing commercial tactical plans, and executing these plans in order to generate expanded growth for the company. The person in this position is responsible for finding, developing, and closing qualified leads in the Personal Care and Home Care segments at existing Key accounts as well as new potential accounts.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with current and potential customers through proactive communication and regular visits to discuss existing business & commercial opportunities in targeted applications.
- Identify, investigate, and follow up on qualified leads and develop business for potential new customers.
- Act as a key contact point for customers and educate them on products, applications, and trends.
- Provide accurate sales forecasts.
- Update the Account Development Plan (ADP) and the Key Account Plan (KAP) as needed.
- Maintain and continuously improve knowledge about products, applications and markets in the industry.
- Understand and apply the sales strategy and promote the value proposition for the company product portfolio.
- Working with the marketing team on market trends and evolutions, including proposals for actions.
- Develop, negotiate, and monitor contracts and pricing for new & existing business opportunities.
- Evaluate and propose innovative solutions for customer problems and coordinate with internal resources (R&I, etc.) when needed to meet customer requests/demands and ensure issues are resolved.
Experience and Skill Set
- Strong track record of growing business within a territory through specification selling while managing and growing large, complex accounts.
- Ability to educate customers/colleagues both on the technical and commercial side, and communicate/present well in a succinct and compelling way.
- Excellent initiative, autonomy and enthusiasm.
- Demonstrated track record of successful sales/negotiations, key account management/business development and internal/external relationships at multiple levels within the organization.
- Ability to influence and forge strong relationships with impact at any level in the customer organization or in the Global Business Unit.
- Experience and ability to work in a global matrix organisation.
- Excellent project coordination and team building skills.
- Seeks assistance, when necessary, to build account strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions under minimum supervision; occasionally makes decisions of a complex nature within operating guidelines.
- BS/BA preferred in chemical related field.
- 5+ years’ experience in Home and Personal Care companies.