Position: Our client who are a global producer of speciality ingredients to the food & beverage industry are currently looking to hire a new Regional Accounts Manager, to be responsible for leading sales to existing accounts within the EMEA region. The position will be responsible for leading an assigned set of existing (key) accounts in EMEA, leveraging all internal and external resources making sure healthy and sustainable business practices are kept within the region. Furthermore, the position will contribute to the development of account specific strategic commercial plans for medium and long term, to ensure goals and objectives for profitable growth are achieved.
- To lead evolution in performance within the area. Propose solutions and new processes when needed to support the leader in building commercial excellence. Be front runner, inspiring peers by setting the right example.
- To cascade and implement all commercial initiatives for short, medium, and longer term, leveraging and connecting with relevant internal stakeholders. Develop and nurture the business relationship with existing and potential new accounts within her/his sales region.
- To provide commercial support to customers in a challenging and highly dynamic industry where a swift towards value added sales is needed to differentiate in the market.
- To identify and solve challenges, making sure of to balance high client satisfaction and at the same time, company’s interests are respected.
- To make sure customer satisfaction is in line with company targets.
- To ensure short- and long-term accurate forecasting as well as closely working with accounts stakeholders (e.g., Procurement, Demand Planning departments etc.) to provide accurate monthly overviews.
- Ensure that proper credit lines are established for all sales directly to customers, working together with the Credit Area, supervising the credit risk management.
- Contribute to the overall market strategy and optimization of portfolio mix (pricing, products, sales channels, and promotional activities) of the company, through ongoing collection and analysis of information regarding the behaviour of the market.
- Promote the integration / interface with the areas of Supply Chain, Risk Management and Finance, through the integration of the processes of sales and exports and the creation of internal procedures, fostering synergy between these areas.
- Represent the company in the industry and at events promoting the increase of networking as well as capturing and communicate relevant information for the further development of the business.
Figures & Additional Information
- P&L Responsibility – circa $75M USD.
- Reports directly into the EMEA General Manager.
- Global company with customers located in more than 100 countries around the word, mainly within the beverage segment.
- You have completed education technically or commercially. MBA considered advantageous.
- Minimum of 10 years in a commercial function, ideally with experience managing strategic customers.
- Proven experience in; Account management, Sales plan development and execution, Sales strategy development, Channel development, etc.
- Vast knowledge of specialty food & beverage ingredients, ideally with knowledge of the citrus industry.
- Fluency in English, with German, Spanish, Portuguese, or other languages considered advantageous.
- Commercial savviness and excellent relationship building skills.
- Solution and/or value-added selling experience.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills as well as cross-cultural behaviours.
- Problem solving mind set and decision-making abilities, comfortable dealing with ambiguity.