Position: Our client who is an international flavours & fragrance producer are currently looking to hire a Senior Application Technologist to join their team within the Savoury category. The role would have responsibility for application and product development of a variety of savoury products, including, but not limited to, meat analogues, cheese, fish, and also vegan and meat alternatives. The role will play a pivotal role within the regional strategy with regular contact and interaction with customers directly.
- Responsible for the independent and timely production of products at laboratory and pilot scale for customer and internal projects.
- Consult customers on the application of flavours in products as well as manufacturing of such products.
- Take ownership of the development and optimisation of products.
- Provide technical leadership of projects including project documentation in IT systems.
- Awareness of trends (products, raw materials, technologies) coupled with pro-active anticipation.
- Bachelor / Master degree in Chemistry / Biochemistry / similar, or have working experience as a Food Technologist or Master craftsman as meat or food technologist.
- Experience in development of at least pilot scale and/or production of vegan meat analogues and other plant protein-based products.
- Experienced in basic project management.
- Experience in Project, Trial, and Recipe documentation.
- Vast application and/or product development experience.
- Experience supporting customers directly and knowledge of factory scale-ups.
- Fluency in English and ideally German. Other European languages considered advantageous.