- Create new flavourings and/or modify existing flavour formulations which are initiated by customer projects and/or internal projects.
- Promote flavourings internally (link with Portfolio managers) and to customers. This will include helping clients to solve technical problems associated with the use of flavours in their manufacturing processes.
- Ensure that new developments conform to country regulatory, customer requirements and formula design best practices
- Assist/guide/advise category sales personnel in the promotion of flavours, being actively part of the customer teams.
- Visit customers as requested by category sales staff to selected customers in the EMEA region for technical assistance.
- In business critical and problematic situations work together with R&T to determine solutions.
Other Technical Activities:
- To actively drive the category raw material palette, suggest new raw materials to be added or eliminate obsolete ingredients
- By regular review, determine the quality of flavours in the collection and to identify those flavourings within the current collection that are shown to be inferior to competitors’ flavours.
- Work on pro-active flavour creation projects based on new raw materials and/or knowledge which improves the overall quality of the companies flavour portfolio.
- Fully support Operations and QC in problem solving for both raw materials and/or finished flavours.
- In liaison with Purchasing and QC groups, assist in the evaluation of alternative raw material supplies.
- Regularly communicate with the global and regional flavour team to ensure that knowledge is fully and correctly transferred.
- Conduct regular training sessions for category sales personnel.
- Conduct frequent training sessions for customers, upon request.
Required Skills and Experiences
- Degree in Chemistry, Food Science / Food Technology or comparable education (preferred MS/PHD in biological or chemical sciences). Certified Member of the Society of Flavour Chemist/Flavourists a plus.
- Minimum of 10+ years’ experience in flavour industry creative function. Expertise in Dairy would be a plus.
- High tasting and olfactive skills as well as knowledge of raw materials and flavour formulation and analysis.
Creativity, curiosity and ability to offer new ideas and solutions • Presentation and communication skills.
- High customer orientation • Able to handle confidential information.
- Open minded, adapt to change • Ability to work in teams, for a joint success.
- Fluency in English. Additional European languages (French, German, etc.) considered advantageous.