Responsible for the Supply Chain China ensuring that customers can be supplied with right quantities and qualities of products, managing such as overland transportation (inbound and outbound operations, transfers, deliveries to customers), expedition and receiving of products, internal and external warehousing, and customs clearance. Negotiate and hire all services needed to provide the deliveries with safety, quality, compliance, and efficiency, ensuring high performance operations.
• Manage and control the performance of all supply chain operations related to transportation (warehousing transfers, deliveries to the customers), expedition and receiving of the products (load/unloading trucks), warehousing and customs clearance (import and export).
• Lead freights negotiation (road/sea), external warehousing and other services to ensure that all negotiations will occur according to our compliance rules.
• Develop, homologate and evaluate the performance of the suppliers related to the logistics operations.
• Support commercial team to schedule and deliver products for the customers in the right quantities and qualities, offering a high service level.
• Participate actively in the planning and steering of the global supply chain flows (drums and bulk vessels) to ensure that major products shipments are feasible and prioritized in such a way that will support the company needs.
• Design and redesign all logistics activities/process always that necessary to guarantee the best optimization of the chain and deliver results of high performance, costs reduction and productivity leverage aligned with the best practices of the market.
• Reports directly in Global Supply Chain General Manager as well as a dotted line into the Commercial General Manager – China.
• Product Handling: 70-100 k ton per season
• Warehouse Cost: $ 2M USD per season
• Overland Freight: $ 1.5M USD per season
Required Skills and Experiences
• Degree in Engineering or Business Administration/Commerce.
• 5 years, preferably in an international business environment.
• Experience with Food import, logistics/terminal/planning/supply chain management.
• Fluency in English and Mandarin. Portuguese or Spanish desirable.
• Organization and a team player
• Negotiation and communication skills
Salary - £80,000 -£120,000
Industry: Speciality Ingredients
Our client is ideally looking for an individual that’s based in Rotterdam, but the person can be located anywhere in the Netherlands. In this role, you’ll become a trusted ad