Realization of Sales and Sales Development
- Develop and execute appropriate go-to-market strategies through direct and indirect channels (e.g. distributors, agents) to expand market coverage and meet BU goals in allocated areas.
- Actively investigate customer needs through in person/digital interactions, in order to identify solutions for collaboration, sales opportunities and uncover industry trends that align within the Business strategy.
- Identify new business opportunities with existing and new customers, interact with corresponding process and product developers of the potential customers leading to profitable future business. Build up and actively manage an Opportunity Pipeline
- Provide the annual budget revenue commitment with the allocated area as part of strategic planning
- Achieve and ideally exceed short-term budget revenue targets
- Implement BU pricing policy for the area of relevance while taking into account feedback from the local market.
- Lead BU business reviews and monthly forecasting processes.
- Oversee claims and overdue settlement
- Report commercial achievements and KPI as per BU definition on a monthly basis
Prospect and Market Development
- Develop new sales prospects to deliver long term growth expectations.
- Manage new leads generated by Marketing.
- Propose and animate together with Marketing team campaign and promotional events with the allocated areas (e.g. seminars, presentation). Attend trade shows and represent BU including in category/industry association.
- Build relationships with customers/end users in the assigned market segment(s)
- Contribute to the development of business / market segment strategic marketing plan through ongoing assessment of and providing feedback on product competitiveness and industry trends and analysis.
- Monitor competitors’ activities.
Managing Customer Base and Relationships
- Responsible for leading the customer relationship at all hierarchical levels.
- Set up, coordinate & execute specific account management tactics and plans (e.g. Sales Operational Plan, Account Plan) to realize agreed sales growth and overall customer relationship objectives, both for the short and long term while maintaining running business. Use of supporting tools, systems and templates (e.g. CRM).
- Coordination of BU resource application to the customer (e.g. Marketing, Quality, Technical service, R&A)
- Meet with customers to assess their evolving needs and to assess the quality of our company’s relationship with them.
- Provide input for customer segmentation and ensure BU service policy implementation.
- Actively manage customer base, eventually handing over accounts to/or carving out accounts from business partners as per BU policy.
- Manage business partners (e.g. distributors, agents) by setting ambitious goals, monitor execution, assess performance. Develop & propose plans to replace, simplify and/or add specific channels partners in the area.