This policy applies to information we collect when you choose to use this website, and also to personal information which we process and collect further to supplying services to you and to our customers.
This website is operated by NJP Selection Limited and our registered office is at 1 The Bourse, 2nd Floor, Boar Lane, Leeds LS1 5EQ.
1. Who we are
NJP Selection Limited (‘we’ or ‘us’) are a ‘data controller’ for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’) and the Data Protection Act 2018 (as applicable the “Legislation”) where we control the purposes for which we process your personal information. We are the data processor where we are processing your personal data in order to provide services to our customers. In either case we comply with the Legislation.
Any questions about our data protection policy or how we handle your personal data should be addressed to our data protection contact. (See Contact information below.)
2. What information do we collect?
2.1. Personal information provided by you
We collect personal information about you (such as your name, email address, address, contact details and sometimes a CV), when you make an enquiry, register with us or choose to use services from us.
2.2. Personal information provided to and by third parties
We may receive or send information about you from and to other sources (namely our customers) which we will add to the information we already hold about you in order to supply our services to you and to our customers and to help us improve and personalise our services.
2.3. Personal information about other individuals
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that either; (1) the other person has a contractual relationship with you and knows that you will be transferring their personal data to us for specific purposes and/or (2) s/he has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
- give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her personal data
- receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices
- give consent to the processing of his/her sensitive personal data (as listed below).
2.4. Sensitive/special category personal information
We may process sensitive personal information in certain situations, for example when carrying out recruitment checks or specific investigations. If we request such information, we will explain why we are requesting it and how we intend to use it.
Sensitive personal information includes information relating to:
- ethnic origin
- political opinions
- religious beliefs
- trade union membership
- physical or mental health or condition
- sexual life
We will only process your sensitive personal information with your explicit consent.
For example, we may monitor how many times you visit the website, which pages you go to, traffic data, location data and the originating domain name of a user’s internet service provider, to improve the user’s experience whilst visiting the website, and better understand how you use it. This information helps us to build a profile of our users. Some of this data will be aggregated or statistical, which means that we will not be able to identify you individually.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the websites below tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, some of our website features may not function as a result.
4. How will we use the information about you?
We collect information about you so that we can:
- identify you in relation to information you have requested
- provide the services requested by you
- detect and prevent fraud
- customise and improve our website and its content to your particular preferences
- notify you of any changes to our website or to our services that may affect you
- improve our services
5. Who your information might be shared with?
We may disclose your personal data to:
- other companies within our group
- our customers (subject to your explicit consent)
- our agents, associates and service providers
- law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity
6. Keeping your data secure
Our and our group’s staff are bound by obligations of confidentiality and trained in the protection of personal data. They all sign a confidentiality undertaking upon becoming an employee of our business. We comply with the Legislation and use the appropriate technical and organisational measures necessary to safeguard your personal data.
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that is transferred from you or to you via the internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us (see ‘How can you contact us?’ below).
6.1. What can I do to keep my information safe?
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
6.2. Retention Periods
In order for us to keep you informed about relevant career opportunities, we store your personal data on secure servers for a period of:
- 24 months and you can withdraw your consent at any time in which case your data will be appropriately deleted
- until you ask us to destroy it
in each case unless the law requires us to store the data for a longer period. You can update your preferences at any time by going to https://njp-selection.accessconsent.com/register
7. What rights do you have?
The GDPR provides the following rights for individuals:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object to processing
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling (We do not carry out automated decision making and profiling)
7.1. Right to request a copy of your information
You can request a copy of information which we hold (this is known as a subject access request). If you would like a copy of some or all of it, please:
- write to us at the NJP Selection Limited (see below) or make a subject access request at https://njp-selection.accessconsent.com/home;
- let us have proof of your identity (a copy of your driving licence or passport); and
- let us know what information you want.
7.2. Right to correct any mistakes in your information
You can require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold free of charge. If you would like to do this, please:
- email or write to us (see ‘How can you contact us?’ below)
- let us have enough information to identify you
- let us know the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
7.3. Right to remove your details from our records or restrict how we use your information
You can ask us to stop contacting you for particular purposes or remove your information completely from our records. There may be a legal reason why we need to keep your personal data and in that circumstance we will destroy your personal information as soon as we are legally entitled to do so. If you would like us to stop contacting you with information about our services, please:
- email or write to us (see ‘How can you contact us?’ below).
- let us know what method of contact you are not happy with if you are unhappy with certain ways of contacting you only (for example, you may be happy for us to contact you by email but not by telephone).
- You can also adjust these preferences by going to our portal https://njp-selection.accessconsent.com/home
7.4. Right to lodge a complaint with the Supervising Authority
If you have any concerns or complaints about how we use your personal data we hope you will alert us to these directly (see the Contact information below). If you are still unhappy you are entitled to complain to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) which is the supervising authority in the UK. Their contact details and the procedure can be found at www.ico.gov.uk
Our website contains links to other websites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of those other websites. When you leave our website we encourage you to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this website.
9. How to contact us?
NJP SELECTION LIMITED
12 DECEMBER 2018